- Information Collected
Information you provide directly to GADGETTUBE Services. You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit a GADGETTUBE Services. GADGETTUBE Web Sites may ask you for different types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or directly contact the Services including:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, facsimile number, and mobile number;
- User name, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
- Age and date of birth;
- Other demographic information, such as gender, job information, and postal code;
- Public information, including profile information, you provide to the GADGETTUBE Services for publication, such as your user name, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures and the address of your website;
- Communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive;
- Search queries;
- In limited circumstances, payment and identity verification information, such as credit card number, social security number or comparable national identifiers, and driver’s license number where needed for payment, to complete a particular transaction, or to access a particular service (e.g., contests or paid subscriptions);
- Contact information about others when you provide information about others or refer a friend to a particular website or service (note: such information is used solely to facilitate the communications requested);
- Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
- Correspondence you send to us;
- Information collected about you offline (including via facsimile, mail, or in person for sweepstakes entrance forms).
GADGETTUBE Services may collect certain information automatically, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Websites you visited before and after visiting a GADGETTUBE Services;
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within GADGETTUBE Services;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies;
- Information about your interactions with audio and video content, such as the type of content listened to (including music applications such as iTunes, Spotify and Last.fm) and content viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
- Upon request, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer including registry key information;
- Standard server log information.
Where permitted by applicable law, we may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (e.g., mobile devices, third party services, and embedded audio and video players), from co-branded partners and websites (e.g., on our Facebook pages), and from commercially available sources (e.g., data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender and income level;
- If you access third party services (e.g., Facebook, Google+ or Twitter) through a GADGETTUBE Service, or if you access a GADGETTUBE Service via a third party service, your username and password for those services and other information available about or collected from you on those services, as described in our Terms of Service:
- Your interests and purchase behavior;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings;
- Other navigation data, such as web sites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across the GADGETTUBE Services.
- Use of Information
We only use payment and identity verification information, such as credit card numbers, driver’s license numbers, social security numbers, or comparable national identifiers as necessary for completing a particular transaction or fulfilling a service (e.g., paid subscriptions or awarding prizes to contest winners) or as otherwise required by law.
We generally use other information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic newsletters, authorize a purchase, and complete a transaction that you have requested;
- Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards;
- Provide you with electronic newsletters, information, special offers and promotional materials on behalf of GADGETTUBE Services, companies within our corporate family, and third parties, in accordance with applicable law;
- Analyze the use of GADGETTUBE Services and information about visitors to our Services to understand and improve our service offerings and, in accordance with our sharing policies, discussed below, to produce or disclose anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
- Customize the content you see when you visit a GADGETTUBE Services;
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and otherwise in accordance with GADGETTUBE’s Terms of Service;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
- Disclosure of Information
GADGETTUBE is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you.
- With your consent. With your consent, we may share your contact information with third party marketing partners. For example, email, telephone, postal mail or other common communication methods.
- Authorized third party service providers. We share your contact information with third party vendors who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, suppression list management and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your contact information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose. Also, authorized third party service providers may collect non-contact information about your visits to our Services with cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies that may be used to deliver advertisements or marketing tailored to your interests.
- Contests, or promotions. When you choose to enter a contest, or other promotion, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotions, your information may be disclosed to our sponsors and third parties who help design, administer and implement the promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment and aggregated data analysis. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list. Further, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing our sponsors to use your name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law. All terms applicable to the particular promotion will be made available to you at the time you enter the promotion.
- GADGETTUBE Services and other GADGETTUBE businesses. GADGETTUBE continues to expand online presence in order to offer users rich and deep interactive experiences. Where permitted by law, we may share information we collect about you within the family of GADGETTUBE Services and with other GADGETTUBE-affiliated companies, so that we can provide you with information about products and services that might interest you.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a GADGETTUBE Service, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations.
- Protect our Services and users. We may disclose information to protect and defend the legal rights, interests, and safety of GADGETTUBE Services to protect the safety and security of users of the Services and members of the public; and as otherwise disclosed in our Terms of Service.
Please note that we may share information with advertisers. In addition, information collected about your interactions with audio and video content may be shared with third parties, including social networking services, such as Facebook, and video measurement and subscription services. Finally, we also may share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties, to help us develop content and services we hope will interest you or to help these third parties develop their own products and service offerings including targeted marketing .
- Your Choices
You can choose to enjoy content and features on GADGETTUBE Services without providing us directly with any information about you; however, as described above, some information may be collected automatically or be requested so that you can take advantage of certain features and services offered on GADGETTUBE Services.
You can opt out of receiving commercial email or text messages from a particular GADGETTUBE Services or other service by following the instructions contained in any such message or by contacting us directly. Please note that even if you unsubscribe to commercial messages, we may still need to send you communications relating to your use of the GADGETTUBE Web Sites, such as service announcements.
You also have choices about whether cookies and other similar technologies are placed on your computer or mobile device.
You also may choose to opt out of use of data that our authorized third party service providers or we collect about your visits to our business partners’ websites that may be toused to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests.
If you choose to share contact information with us, you may have the opportunity to update that information on a GADGETTUBE Service. You also may update or amend your information by contacting us. If you ask us to shut down your account or delete your information, we will disable your account within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.
- Protection of Information
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using GADGETTUBE Services but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
- Transfer of Data Internationally
Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the GADGETTUBE Services may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to another country in accordance with applicable law. The privacy and data protection laws in the country to which your information is transferred may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using and participating in any GADGETTUBE Services or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
- Visitors from Outside
For additional information about GADGETTUBE’s privacy practices, as well as our affiliate offices and partners in some of the other countries where we operate, please contact us via email@example.com.
- Privacy Protections for Children
Most GADGETTUBE Services are intended for a general audience and do not knowingly collect or store contact information about children under the age of 13. Some GADGETTUBE Services may ask for your full date of birth date to ensure that they are not collecting information from children under 13 or to identify when additional steps may need to be taken when information has been collected from children under 18. In those instances where a GADGETTUBE Service has actual knowledge that it collects information from children or offers a service directed toward children as defined under applicable laws, it will comply with those laws.
- User-Generated Content
- Third Party Websites and Services
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.